Data Migration and Transformations
The systems we build and maintain contain vast volumes of data that is both sensitive and has significant financial value. Our experience and track record of handling data migration from varied systems is envied by many competitors in the market.
The transition from the original REC Registry for the Clean Energy Regulator, including all historic and current certificate information and account details; saw over 100 tables migrated, including manual data processes with over 500 million rows of information. An innovative and significant certificate ranges transformation was applied during the migration to support aggressive performance requirements derived from a 20 year forecast of system usage. We also support the Clean Energy Regulator’s data warehousing requirements and have implemented a secure bridge between the REC Registry’s Oracle RAC database and their Microsoft SQL Server based internal systems.
As a federal government project, the ACMA Numbering System has strict non-functional requirements around security, accessibility, and performance. These requirements are comprehensively met through a combination of off-the-shelf and in-house solutions, and are thoroughly tested by the Quality Assurance (QA) team.
Our experience with data migration and transforms cover the following aspects:
- Data Migration Conversion Strategy
- Quality Plan
- Archive Plan
- Reconciliation proof
- Data Analysis
- Data Cleansing and Traceability of net change
- Migration from multiple data sources and database technologies
- Seeding data including complex rules
- Data migration testing and results analysis
- Final data migration testing by DBAs with pre-defined and agreed success criteria
- Optimisation of migration scripts to reduce processing time
- Data fixes as part of data migration